If you’re looking for an effective at-home workout, you should consider an elliptical trainer. However, there are many different elliptical trainers from which you can choose. The Proform 720e is one possible option. Find out if this model of elliptical trainer meets your needs.
Product Overview of the Proform 720e
Proform is a company that makes several models of elliptical trainers. Each model comes with its own unique features. Although the 720e isn’t the cheapest Proform option, it’s also not the most expensive. It’s an ideal choice for those who want an entry-level trainer that does more than your basic elliptical.
Typically, elliptical trainers that come with a 19” stride also come with a hefty price tag. But the 720e isn’t like most other trainers. It’s one of the cheapest ellipticals to offer such a stride.
This model also comes with some bells and whistles that might appeal to you. For example, it has 24 pre-programmed workouts and a 20 degree incline for power workouts. If you’re interested in monitoring your workouts, you’ll enjoy the ability to integrate with iFit Coach.
Specifications and Features
The Proform 720e is an elliptical trainer that has a lot to offer. It does much more than just deliver an effective workout.
The exercise equipment has all of the following features:
- Silent magnetic resistance with 20 levels of resistance
- A large 19” stride
- An option for an incline (up to 20 degrees)
- 24 programs
- EKG pulse grips for heart rate monitoring
- Backlit LCD display that measures 5”
- Accessory tray for holding your tablet
- Water bottle holder
- Steel frame with a lifetime warranty
- Speakers and cooling fans
- 20 pound flywheel
- Maximum weight of 325 pounds
- Dimensions of 70.7″ x 26″ x 68.25″
As far as comfort goes, this bike has a lot to offer. It has cushioned hand grips and is oversized to provide comfort to users of all sizes.
Equipped with a 19” stride, people of all sizes can enjoy this elliptical. Because it has a 325 pound weight limit, it also provides comfort to individuals of all sizes.
On some machines, heart rate monitoring is uncomfortable. However, that’s not true for the Proform 720e. You can hold the sensors on the handlebars for comfortable monitoring. For even more comfort, you can wear a heart rate monitor. Although the machine does not come with the strap, you can integrate the technology with the Proform 720e.
Hiring a personal trainer to come to your home is expensive. However, this equipment acts as your own personal trainer. If you want to boost your calorie burn, increase the incline. You can choose one of 24 carefully-crafted workouts. Experts created the programs. As you workout, the elliptical automatically adjust features like resistance and incline.
The programming gives something for everyone. Each program helps you accomplish different goals. If you use iFit Coach with your elliptical, you get even more options. It’s like having your own fitness coach. You do need to pay separately for an iFit subscription. However, it gives you more workout options.
If you use the iFit coach, you can get a new workout everyday. You can also choose to workout with a Google Maps street view. As you exercise, you can watch the landscape change. You can feel as if you’re exercising anywhere in the country or the world. As the topography changes, your incline automatically changes. iFit also makes it easier for you to track your workouts, sleep patterns, and weight loss.
The music also helps. And you don’t need a subscription to anything to take advantage of this feature. By integrating your tablet to the elliptical, you can play your music. Your own music could be the motivation you need to get in a great workout.
Best Suited For
If you’re looking for a beginner elliptical that guides you through your workout, the Proform 720e is a great option. Features like heart rate monitoring and pre-programed apps make this exercise machine effective.
Those who are more advanced or who are looking for strength training might consider a different option. Because it only has a 20 pound flywheel, the trainer does not provide enough resistance for strength-based workouts.
The assembly of this elliptical trainer is not too complex. If you follow the instructions, you are unlikely to encounter many problems during the assembly process.
- Includes many extras, like multiple programs and heart rate monitoring
- Exercises your entire body, from your arms to your legs
- Has a footpath that is appropriate for most adults of average or small size
- Incline feature allows for more calorie burn
- Decent resistance with 20 tension options
- Takes up less floor space than other elliptical trainers because it has a flywheel that is located in the front of the machine
- Comes with wheels for easy transportation
- Handlebars come with soft grips that make for a comfortable workout
- The LCD screen shows features like time, speed, distance, and calories burned
- Comes with speakers that allow you to workout without your headphones
- High weight capacity
- Only has one user profile
- Resistance may be too weak for some users, especially those who use the machine for strength training
- Lacks a touchscreen monitor with internet access
- Not as smooth as some of the more expensive options
The Proform 720e comes with many beneficial features. It’s also one of the most affordable elliptical machines of its kind. Thanks to multiple program options and varied levels of resistance, this machine offers users the chance to get an incredible workout.
If you’re new to using an elliptical, this piece of equipment could be just what you need. Although it limits your resistance with a 20 pound flywheel, that should only be an issue for those who want to work on strength-building. This elliptical delivers a great cardio workout.
For such a low price tag, you’re unlikely to find a similar option. The Proform 720e does everything you need it to do and more. As far as comfort, effectiveness, and usability goes, this elliptical checks all of the boxes.